Aid for the Jewish refugees from the war in Ukraine
Hundreds of people arrive in Hungary seeking shelter and protection. They are tired and shaken; they lack the very basic personal needs.
The Federation of Jewish Communities in Hungary – in close cooperation with its member organizations, the JDC, the JAFI, the Bálint House, the Maccabi movement, and many other Jewish NGO-s to care for our fellow Jews who escaped from the war in Ukraine.
According to our Law, if one person can help another who is in danger shall help: “Neither shall you stand idly by the blood of your neighbor.” We all sense that being a refugee is part of our collective memory.
The Federation extends its brotherly care for the Jewish refugees.
– We operate a crisis hotline to monitor both the needs and the pledges.
– We are present at the Ukrainian-Hungarian border stations and at the Budapest head stations to help.
– We distribute food packages and provide shelter to refugee families.
– In cooperation with the significant humanitarian rescue organizations, we send aid to the mainland of Ukraine.
– We organize medical care.
– We help in the administration and in translation.
Now we invite you again to take part in our shared efforts to help refugees. Whether you can give less or contribute more to our shared efforts, we gladly thank you for your pledge.
Follow our aid work on our webpage: www.mazsihisz.hu and control the settlement of our support activities you made possible by your donation.